Having a capability statement in the MSI Exchange is one of the most effective ways MSIs can communicate their competitive strengths in the marketplace. A capability statement is a one-page (front and back) document that provides a high-level snapshot of MSI research, facilities, equipment and other technical abilities in a clear, concise manner. It serves as a resume for competitive efforts at MSIs and can open doors that inspire relationships with strategic partners. Having a capability statement in the MSI Exchange offers a competitive advantage, as federal agencies, higher education and the private sector use the Exchange to identify MSIs for teaming opportunities and competitive federal awards such as grants, contracts and cooperative agreements.
The NASA Minority University Research and Education Project (MUREP) provides training and resources for Minority Serving Institutions seeking to develop and submit their capability statements to the MSI Exchange.
- Capability Statement Instructional Template [PDF]
- MUREP Capability Statement Training Video(Opens in New Window; Non-NASA Link)
For more information, contact the MSI Exchange.
Offered in collaboration with MUREP and NASA STEM EPDC*(Opens in New Window; Non-NASA Link), MUREP Digital Badges provide training for MSIs that desire to develop their institution's capacity through competition for federal funds. The micro-credentialing system delivers distance learning and online professional development designed to certify learning in key areas that support MSI competitiveness. Participants will review training modules, webinars and online resources, complete performance tasks, determine personalized take-away actions, and provide immediate feedback about their learning experience.
- Developed for research faculty and administrators at MSIs
- Up to 12 hours of self-guided content in support of MSI competitiveness
- Digital badges offered at the end of each course
- Free and open to the MSI community
- Badge #1: Developing Competitive Proposal Responses to NASA Opportunities(Opens in New Window; Non-NASA Link)
- Developed by The Quality Education for Minorities (QEM) Network and Bowie State University
- Badge #2: Understanding Government Contracts(Opens in New Window; Non-NASA Link)
- Developed by Alabama A & M University RISE Foundation
NASA Minority Serving Institution (MSI) List
The NASA MSI List is primarily sourced from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) Eligibility Matrix and developed by the NASA Office of STEM Engagement Minority University Research and Education Project (MUREP). The NASA MSI List is used to determine eligibility for MUREP solicitations, events and activities, and will be updated semiannually. Download the PDF.(Opens in New Window)
NASA Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Determination Overview
The NASA MSI Determination Overview provides details about NASA's approach for inclusion on the NASA MSI List. Download your copy or the NASA MSI Determination Overview [PDF].
Minority University Research and Education Project (MUREP) Updates
Want to receive MUREP updates delivered to your inbox? Send your email address today!